9 Kasım 2015 Pazartesi

melih cevdet anday ingilizce çeviri şiir

REMEMBRANCE
Wish a couple of doves rise
Carnations smell piteously
This is an unmentionable thing
Suddenly comes to my mind

Sun was almost rising
You would get up usually
Perhaps you were still drowsy
Your night comes to my mind

Like the names of flowers I love
Like names of streets I love
Like the names of all my love
Your names come to my mind

That's why comfortable beds shame
That lethargy during the kiss
Joining across the wire fence
Your fingers come to my mind

I have seen so many loves, allies
Read heroes in history
Suiting well to age solemn, simple
Your manners come to my mind

Wish a couple of doves rise
Carnations smell piteously
This is an unforgettable thing
Inevitably comes to my mind

Melih Cevdet ANDAY

Translated by Hüseyin ERGEN

Note:
Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, as they were executed on 19 June 1953, became first US citizens executed for espionage. A very long debate was hold upon their guiltiness. Today their execution was attributed to oppressive atmosphere of the McCarthy days.